How to Overcome Hair Loss
Hair loss can be a big problem, either for women or men, because it is related to appearance and confidence. Check out what are the causes of hair loss and also how to deal with it here.
Hair loss that occurs constantly can cause baldness to lose confidence. This condition can be caused by many different factors. Therefore, it is important to find out causes of hair loss so that it can be resolved as soon as possible with the right way.
Causes Of Hair Loss
Normally, the hair will fall approximately 50-100 strands each day. When concerned with the large number of hair loss every day, you can do a simple test to find out whether the loss is normal or not.
Try to pull the hair with a hand slowly from the roots to the ends of the hair. If the hair loss is not more than 10 strands, then it is still considered normal.
If the test result is abnormal, felt hair getting thinner, or embossed pitak, immediately consult to a dermatologist to find out the cause. The following are some of the conditions that can cause hair loss:
- Cosmetic products, such as hair dye.
- Habits that can damage the hair shampooing too often, for example, using a blow dryer, or tying the hair.
- Genetic factors, which are more often derived in men. This condition is called androgenetic alopecia.
- Hormonal changes, for example in women after childbirth or menopause.
- Weight dropped drastically.
- Heavy stress.
- Drugs, such as chemotherapy, medication for depression, a drug for high blood type inhibitor of beta, birth control pills, and anti-inflammatory drugs are a type of corticosteroid.
- Disease, such as infection of the scalp, lupus, anemia, diabetes, thyroid disease, and syphilis.
- Trichotillomania, is a psychological disorder in which the sufferer has a habit of picking off the hair.
Because of the myriad causes of hair loss, when you saw yourself, the doctor will inquire in detail about the complaints, diseases that have ever suffered, as well as conducting examination especially on parts that are experiencing loss. In some cases, laboratory examination may be required.
How To Fix Hair Loss Naturally
In coping with hair loss, it is important to know first cause, so that responses can be customized.
Hair loss in pregnant women will return to normal in the 3-4 months. If the cause is a cosmetic products or drugs, the most appropriate step that needs to be done is to discontinue using a minimum of 3 months. Discuss again with the doctor about the benefits and risks of medicines that already regularly consumed.
If hair loss is caused by a disease, then the treatment of diseases is the main one. In patients chemotherapy, hair loss will grow back in time 6-12 months after chemotherapy.
To overcome baldness due to heredity, the doctor can provide fluid minoxidil which is used directly on the scalp or tablet finasteride. Laser therapy supposedly can make the hair more dense, but still needed further research about the long-term benefits.
If it is already happening baldness permanently, a wig or toupee can be used to cover it. In addition, it can also do hair transplants or hair transplanting.
You need to remember, hair loss doesn’t just affect your appearance, but it could also be a sign of the presence of a disease. Therefore, we recommend that you consult with a physician if you experience hair loss started worrying.