now browsing by tag
The case of hair loss while pregnant can occur at approximately 40-50 percent of the pregnant women and the condition is only temporary. In fact, women are more likely to feel the hair loss after birth. Precisely at the time when pregnant, most women feel the hair thicker and volume.
High levels of pregnancy hormones commonly make many moms feel his hair thicker and shinier, since the hormone estrogen in the it stimulates hair growth. Conversely, the hormone levels dropped dramatically postpartum can cause hair loss. Hair loss after birth this will usually subside after 3-4 months along the follicle rejuvenation naturally.
Facts about hair loss while pregnant
Meanwhile, the hair loss while pregnant is a condition when excessive hair loss in the 1-5 months after the pregnancy started. Hair growth is generally 90% composed of growing hair. While 10% of his entering the phase break would then fall out every 2-3 months and replaced by a new hair. Hair loss conditions while pregnant, the amount of hair that goes into a rest phase can be increased, where about 60% of the hair you have in the phases grow will enter the phase break. This condition is called telogen effluvium.
Hair loss while pregnant can be a sign of a vitamin or mineral deficiency. These conditions may still not be improved after the baby is born. The body, including the hair, need time to return to the condition prior to getting pregnant.
Minimize Hair Loss
During pregnancy, the rise in the hormone progesterone can make hair become dry so make it more easily broken and resembles a hair loss condition while pregnant. Even though it is temporary, for some women this condition still feels intrusive.
There are various ways that can be done to minimize hair loss.
- Use shampoo and conditioner with soft and not irritating. If possible, select a shampoo and conditioner that contains silica and biotin.
- The hair is more fragile when wet. Avoid combing hair in wet state, especially with the toothed Combs. Wet hair can be combed first by using the fingers of the hand.
- Avoid too frequent combing of the hair.
- Tie the hair back into a ponytail like risky cause hair to be more easily broken. It is recommended to let cascading hair.
- Dry the hair with maximum heat, hair straightening, as well as applying chemical dyes the hair will also aggravate hair loss while pregnant. Avoid perming hair also can make hair damage. If it’s urgent, better use a dryer or a hair straightener in the cool temperature.
- Although need further research, eating vegetables and fruits that are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids believed to strengthen growth and protect hair follicles.
- Consult a doctor if you want to consume nutritional supplements to strengthen hair like vitamin C, biotin, vitamin B complex, vitamin E, and zinc.
- If needed, you can consult how to balance the hormones at the doctor.
Hair loss while pregnant can be triggered various conditions that involve changes such as cessation of estrogen hormone balance consumption of birth control pills, or any other coercive methods of hormonal contraception. This condition can also be caused by abortion or miscarriage. It’s good hair loss while pregnant promptly sent to the doctor to detect the possibility of other causes and get appropriate handling.
Though it may be disturbing for some women, hair loss while pregnant is a condition that can be improved by itself. Treat the hair gently and maintain a healthy diet with balanced nutrition you can also try to cope with this condition.